I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

So this made me laugh...

I love taking pictures of signs in India..crack me up most of the time. My phone is full of images of "Dead Slow Hump Ahead" and "No Cycle Pushing Allowed" and "Rs. 100 off one top and take 2 bottoms free!". I've even blogged one of my favourites here.

Anyway, Irshy sent me a forwarded email that has been cracking me up most of the afternoon...Here are the images I've been giggling about for a while.



For all you non-Hindi speakers, well...too bad.






Starbucks comes to India..
(I think this was quite close to where
Morning Cock resides..)






Wanna bet Hiro's a Sindhi?





Ah the joys of being an Indian VIP! A
western loo all to yourself!






As a Grammar Nazi, I'm about to go Belsen on their ass!








A cock for 10 bucks?
I've totally been pricing myself outta the market!







Ahh..the pleasures of a nice warm cumbath at Bangalore Cantt!





I would love a man under one roof. (Just what are they selling here?)




Nuff said.










Anyone mention political correctness?

10 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    he he he.... liked CUMBUM the best ... did u know there is a station called TITWALA :)

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger H.S. Dharmendra said…

    ha ha ha ha

    ha... ha... ha ha .. ah ah ha ha..


    HA HA HA HA ....

    CUM BATH

    HA HA HAH.. HA HA ,,,,!!! ????

    would love one...

    ha ha ha......

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger H.S. Dharmendra said…

    As for the Chellarams at Ooty, it is an old, big shop which sells almost everything from fruits to men's underwears, pet bottles to chappals. When I shopped there two months back, they didn't give that bag though.

    Following was on the name board of a roadside eatery shop at Hassan.

    "Pig's Hotel"

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One new keyboard, please!

     
  • At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know the guy in that bright shirt and he is Konkani.

     
  • At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you said western 'loo' which is so crass and typical middle class; but, it is fine as you are one. okay biscuit ambado

     
  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger Sameer Panchangam said…

    Unbelievably hilarious!!

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger H.S. Dharmendra said…

    Hi Vikster, I have tagged you at

    http://raghuonlife.blogspot.com/2007/09/middle-name-meme.html

    Hope you won't mind. Bye.

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Wild Reeds said…

    ROFL

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Anonymous East Hampton Glass Cutting said…

    Thhanks for this

     

Post a Comment

<< Home