I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Monday, December 18, 2006

Truer words were never said..

"Don't let someone become a priority in your life when all you are is an option in theirs"

I got this text message from someone a couple of weeks ago and have been pondering this statement for a while now. More like putting this statment into context with people and relationships in my life.

So true. So very true.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    200% true....but wonder why we waste so much time in realising it....why do we need someone to show us the mirror?? Anyway, better late then never :)

    Diya

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to be a big fan of your blog..infact I have read all your postings and wait for new ones to come..but of late, you seem to have gone into hibernation..keep writing..and if you need more such inspiring 'comments', i will oblige!!

     
  • At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Truer words were never said,Indeed!

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    "Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself.
    But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
    To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
    To know the pain of too much tenderness.
    To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
    And to bleed willingly and joyfully."

    -The Prophet

    So what if I'm only an option?

    Rohan

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All of our young lives we search for someone to love. Someone that makes us complete. We choose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope. All the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, there's someone perfect who might be searching for us.

    While we are at quotes, heres one i really love. I would only think...what about the person who is 'only an option' in my life? dont we all have friends/lovers who we settle for?

    I bet if u are goin to be honest to urself, you'd find at least 3 such ppl in ur life... think about that, and u'd be at peace

    rishi

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger The Solo Traveller said…

    The quote you posted is a more sentimental version of the Principle of Least Interest. It goes something like this.

    "The person least interested in maintaining the relationship will always control and manipulate the relationship."

    Applies to any realtionship actually, personal or business

    ~ Balaji

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So true..

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger Dylan said…

    Loved it. Saved it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home