I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Friday, September 01, 2006

It's cloudy and I'm thinking out loud

1. I love Nelly Furtado. Not just because she has a Bandra Mac aunty name...she sings these amazing songs. And what a voice! Plus she sings in Portuguese (and English) which has surpassed Italian in my head as the most romantic sounding language ever. Bengali runs a close third. I think "Scared of you" is my new favorite song...

2. It's baby time in my friend's lives. I guess 30 is the new "must have kid now" age. I'm going to be chacha and mama to many little kiddos this month alone. Starting off with baby Anjali. Congrats Bhawana and Atul. *makes mental budget how much it's gonna cost me to be the favorite uncle*

3. I think I haven't been going to the GB parties a lot anymore. This past weekend, there's been this influx of hotties to the party. Either that's the case or I've just been starved of male bods. A few months on a diet and even a salad is starting to look pretty good wot?

4. No Bali this year for New Years. I'm sad. And I'm sorry Ameet and Andy. I just got my ear chewed off by Sanj and Shwe for neglecting my Best Man duties and running off to Bali to look at beefy Aussies and skinny Indonesians. Instead, I'll be organizing a bachelor party and putting on my happiest face when the busty stripper does a lap dance for me. (I've been banned from inviting male strippers...)

5. Is eating pani puri in the monsoon a sure sign of inviting disaster? I've been craving it all week and been sneaking off after dinner to Linking Road to get my daily Karachi Mithaiwala pani puri fix. I've had to hide this from my family and my friends..though I think my mom suspects. She smelt boondi marinated in khara pani on my breath last night. Oh the shame!

6. I need to get myself adopted by some rich old Parsi woman. A friend of mine just inherited 3 (yes, 3!!) flats in Bombay after some 3rd. cousin twice removed died and left him everything. The shithead is now worth a few million! It's way better than my method of slogging for minimum wage and saving every paisa.

7. I hate the "Shirdi waale Sai Baba" song. It's driving me nuts. All thanks to the obnoxious Ganesh pandal up the road from me that seems to have trained its loudspeaker right in the direction of my window at work. Dare I drop in my Eminem Cd into the donation box this evening?

And finally,
8. Yes Ryan, I am full of myself. In case you haven't noticed this is "my" blog..and you've had fair warning in the intro to the blog. Just paraphrasing again .."Ergo, this will be a blog about me..yada yada yada". Hell hath no fury like the Vikster scorned. Or denied of Paneer Makhani every couple of weeks.

Current Music:
Rock el Casbah - Rachid Taha

This is SO much better than the original. I'm guessing cause Rachid probably has his "umm" still living in the Casbah..

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger jedi said…

    The panda performing the aarti,
    twirling fumes making designs in the air, the bedecked pandal, the towering idol and the devotees throbbing to the beats of Lose Yourself.. for a sec i saw that all. had to have extra mirch with the 'mess'y evening bhel for the har-de-har to halt

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She smelt boondi marinated in khara pani on my breath last night. Oh the shame!

    Heh Heh, that one got me onto a chuckling fit that shows no signs of stopping anytime soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home