I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Monday, April 24, 2006

I'm having an acute Googlism!

I always Google people up before meeting them. I'm clearly not alone..one recent Rolling Stones mag estimated 40% of people Google up possible dates/love interests. (And for those Googling me right now..NO! I am not a nanotechnology professor from Stanford) Which is why I was quite happy to get the link to www.googlism.com from a friend today.

Googlism finds the sentences where your name appears accross the Web. Within the Google results are thousands of thoughts and opinions about thousands of different topics, people, names, things and places, it simply searches Google and let you know what website owners think about the name or topic you suggested.

So seeing as I have no life and am easily entertained... (Well, the Family Feud Funny Answers kept me laughing my ass off for about an hour this morning), I decided to put in my name and see what sentences sing my praises on the WWW. Here they are (with my comments):

vikram is doing good and he is really fantastic actor (Why! Thank you!)
vikram is still not a star leaving ample scope for experimentations (Hot men are an experiment?)
vikram is put into situations where he has no authority but takes it as his responsibility to wipe out the anti-socials (With Kleenex and Harpic!)
vikram is a poor blind guy who lives his life by singing in streets and he hardly makes any money to keep his family running (Well, the marathon is still 7 months away)
vikram is a local rowdy who is a big guy in that area (Err...* inches?)
vikram is 20 years old (Well, I have parts that are that young..)
vikram is the guy in charge here (*cracks whip and slips into S/M outfit*)
vikram is a director's actor (I respond to direction...*wink*)
vikram is responsible for ensuring smooth functioning of all backs (Sigh. No comments)
vikram is a rare find (Thank you Amma!)
vikram is a great success in the business world (Well, whoring is starting to pay off)
vikram is getting offers by the dozen each day (See above)
vikram is being shot in a village setting (Great! This means no doctors?)
vikram is thrilled with the way the film shaped up (Umm. Yeah. "That" film.)
vikram is not clearly told (And this is why it hurt you so much)
vikram is sneha (I am? This must explain the hips)
vikram is currently an assistant professor in the department of general surgery (This is why I blog so rarely)
vikram is a leading hotel of delhi (This must explain why there's a queue to get in..)
vikram is adamant to go ahead with his plan by now (Or he's gonna throw himself a tantrum)
vikram is currently serving as the secretary of the student's council of the indian institute of science (Does this mean I wear a short skirt and sleep with my boss?)
vikram is courageous enough to face any kind of challenge (MUMMMMMMYYYY!!!)
vikram is reunited with his wife (Now that "she's" grown a dick and chest hair)
vikram is drawn towards his cousin played by sneha (Eww. How about his male cousin instead? Sorry A. I know you read this blog....)
vikram is extremely attached to his mother (And you wonder why I'm gay!)
vikram is currently in between jobs and willing to relocate (To Ibiza...)
vikram is the saving grace (That's right bitches. Now bow down!)
vikram is only toying with bijuriya (Unless that means "dick" in Bhojpuri, I'm not sure!)
vikram is an even greater hero and indra himself comes down from the heavens to praise him (Ah. How I love Desi hyperbole!)
vikram is afraid of him and thinks of him as a "devil" (I'm talking about you here N.!)
vikram is murdered in his turn and phoolan is brutally gang raped (Err. OK. MAAAADARCHHOD!!)
vikram is a very physique youth (Liar. I'm so not a youth!)
vikram is equally good (As? Tiramisu after fantastic sex?)
vikram is forced to get lodgings in the city's worst neighborhood (Nahin! Bandra, you're being libeled!)
vikram is the author of "value added mergers" (LOL! Dirty image comes to mind)
vikram is the able administrator (Unless it comes to his own wallet)
vikram is energised by his newest hotel project (Yeah! It's called "Rooms by the hour")
vikram is active in the science professionals as a resource knowledge program (Man. Am I great or wot?)
vikram is acquitted with charges of forgery (Hoorah! No more Oz-style poundings!)
vikram is tortured in the police station (They withheld my AbFab DVDs and made me watch Balaji soaps)
vikram is practicing yoga (I can get my legs waaaaaay up....)
vikram is now getting into directing project (After buying "directing project" dinner of course!)
vikram is his best friend (I love myself. Upto 3 times daily)
vikram is best known for his action thrillers so industry is watching carefully (Watching me in action? Ooh. Kinky industry!)
vikram is a close second (That's right boys...a close second.. ;-)
vikram is eventually killed (How? I wanna know how O great Oracle of doom!)
vikram is very centrally located (And yet, hasn't shown up on many maps..)
vikram is the hottest property in tamil industry after rajini and kamal (Mind it!)
vikram is also known for solving contemporary industrial problems (This is why my dates fall asleep)
vikram is now a household name in cudiea pradesh (I should move there...)
vikram is the fifth generation of a rich business family in england (Who was cut off without a penny for being too hot to belong)
vikram is the ceo of melonfire (Hehehe..melonfire)
vikram is an actor's director (I used to be a director's actor once)
vikram is all geared up for action (OMG! That is SO true! Pity I'm wearing my date undies!)

Now all y'all know everything about me. I removed the bit about me being a gold medallist from the Indian Insstitue of Technology. G-d knows I don't need that bit of info screwing up my sex life...

Current Music:
Nothing's gonna stop us now : Starship

One of the only songs I can sing in both voices at karaoke (The other being Love Shanck..Don't even ask!). Of course, the voices all come naturally once I'm sozzled enough.....

9 Comments:

  • At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey- just wanted to know what you posted on "beautifully intented"'s page that the blog administrator had to remove...?

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sigh.No comment!!..lol.. Great Blog as usual...can i be your oracle of doom?...you will die out of heartbreak from eventually dating sad old uncles who call you 'dear' and 'sweetie' coz you are too smart for the average crowd....pity i dont live in Bandra...lol(managed to leave a compliment there...pity you will cry before you see it...when you come to the sad old uncles part that is...)

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger roswitha said…

    i hate myself for knowing this, but vikram is an iconic tamil film actor - excuse my general use of the word - well known for starring in action-packed romaantic films, which usually involve him frying the villains in boiling oil.

    I removed the bit about me being a gold medallist from the Indian Insstitue of Technology. G-d knows I don't need that bit of info screwing up my sex life...

    or people loving you for your twenty-figure salary instead of yourself.

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are u really a GOLD medallist from IIT?? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!! i never knew this!!!..My impression about you changes entirely!!! WHY didnt u tellme this earlier.?!!.. i would'nt have let u go then!!
    baby.. u r still as cute.
    btw..i googled u too when i came across ur blog for the first time. And why r u hiding the fact that ur a quizzing champ too?
    YUM again!
    h

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Vikster said…

    Anony 1: I have NO idea! Probably made a pass at him/her...who knows!

    Kindred Spirit: Was fun to finally figure out who yu were :) And no. I don't date uncles. Unless they're muscular, hot and rich.

    Rock: I like the fact that you contributed to someone's failure :-)

    Ros: I just Googled up Vikram from Tamil cinema..I'm way hotter than him!

    h: OK that bit about IIT was a Googlism. (Let me go again? Do I know you?)
    But the bit about me being a quizzing champ? True. :-)

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yay...the ONLY way i will be fun i guess...sulk...you left the intelligent bit..like for the googolth time!

    p.s: i am rich,hot and muscular..also quite intelligent + i dont mind iit gold medallists..any more hints and i could just ask you out instead!!

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hilarious post!!!!

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Wild Reeds said…

    Agree with Aparna...
    H I L A R I O U S

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Pushpendra said…

    phew Not that good,lekin ok tha ye post!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home