I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Friday, November 11, 2005

But seriously??

This was supposed to be a serious post on the Bombay North-West constituency and what I want to see our elected MP do for us (since we have a by-election next week). About half-way through I realized no one cared anyway (even though I do a lot ... no one else my age seems to really care about politics and how it impacts our daily lives .. somehow the new Motorola phone or who's sleeping with whom is far more interesting).

I'm also in an insanely weird mood right now. Laughing like a silly boy over the hate comment to my previous post. And groaning cause I just ate two lunches (one a Babitaji special and then a 12 inch sub from SubWay where I met my old "friend/enemy/muah-muah-we-must-do-this-again" Page 3 lady) and am contemplating eating another grilled cheese sandwitch. WHAT has happened to the famous Vikster self-control? I like this side of me. Before M. the breakup blues lasted 3 months and involved me sitting in bed under a down comforter watching AbFab and Sex and the City reruns and eating tubs of Haagen Dasz (strawberry..yumm!). This one has me eating pretty much everything in sight! Whoa!

Ergo, since I got tagged (WTF does this mean? Is this Bloggese for someone mentioned me on their blog as someone who should do this?), here's ome more niconsequential info about me that you can later use against me (in or near a court of law). Man, some of you now know me better than myself!

Seven Things I Plan To Do:

  1. Be a better friend to my old Engg. school buddies. I have been a terrible one to them.
  2. Win a major quiz and then blow my winnings on a REALLY expensive pair of shoes.
  3. Finish my book (G-d! The plot development is so behind schedule!)
  4. Get off my ass (and Amma's couch) and find a place to rent.
  5. Buy some shares and feel important now that I'm a "professional". (NOT whore!)
  6. Meet more fun media people and get into one of their happening parties.
  7. Dress up (formal) to work atleast 4 times a week.

Seven Things I Can Do:

  1. Discuss Slavic religion and history in the same breath as Angelina Jolie's lovelife.
  2. Find my way around Bandra blind-folded.
  3. Say "I Love You" in over 60 languages. And "I Hate You" in one.
  4. Sing "O Sole Mio" while the Churchgate-Bandra train goes over Mahim creek.
  5. Judge everyone according to impossibly high standards and then mope cause no one is good enough.
  6. Make a great Spinach Lasagna and a mean Apple Martini.
  7. Flirt.

Seven Things That I Can’t Do:

  1. Get high. Weed doesn't do a thing to me.
  2. Seem to hold on to a man.
  3. Touch my toes (I used to be uber-flexible...lack of people to bend me around has hurt!)
  4. Write poetry. I just don't get it.
  5. Give up Internet, TV or IPOD.
  6. Remember just why I hated someone.
  7. Look good in a pair of tight jeans.

Seven Things I Say Most Often:

  1. Fuckles!
  2. Halwa kya?
  3. Man, he's cute!
  4. Why does this always happen to me? (Or" What have I done to deserve this?")
  5. Nigga please! (Or to Meenu "Bitch please!")
  6. LOL! (Or it's lesser known Paki equivalent...LOLZZ!)
  7. Ooh yeah! That's it..uuuunnnhhhhh! (Oh! I thought this was "Least often")
Anyway, I now tag everyone who reads this post. Especially Anonymous (Duncan Hynes)! Meenu and me talk about you a lot!

Current Music:
Kaddish - Ofra Haza

One of the few Hebrew songs I know and can sing in tune. Now if only I can find a hot Israeli guy to sing it to (Probably when I'm in Goa over New year's...)

15 Comments:

  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger Vijayeta said…

    Hmmm...set me thinking...but all i anna ask is, if weed doesnt get you high, why do u behave like it does ;) ???

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you'z off the chain nigga!

    duncan

     
  • At 11:44 PM, Blogger a guppie said…

    Democracy - Amartya Sen's prize winning thesis that the checks & balances deomcracy puts in place aided by free press & public debate prevent extreme mishaps like famine to occur. However democracies can be functioning or non-functioning. So what do we have?

     
  • At 5:21 AM, Blogger Enemy of the Republic said…

    Weed turns me into the biggest bitch on the planet, not that the change is so dramatic. But I love every minute of it.

    I've been tagged too, and I don't get what it means.

     
  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger livinghigh said…

    hmmm.. so are u supporting priya dutt??? she looks nice.. nice and capable.

     
  • At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dude someday i am gonna catch u at carter road ccd...salvic history .. very interesting adn u could help me with bandra too .. and seriously no shit ... can u sing the whole o sole mio ...
    i give up after bella cosa... he he he ..

    P.s. i know an apt available for rent at 20th khar ... last i heard it was 4th floor 10k a month ... i can check out the details for ya ..

    satya

     
  • At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what the heck is a Babitaji lunch? Shouldn't you be eating something like Auntie Filomena Brunch?

    As for getting high, try drinking 3 Long Island Iced Teas in 30 minutes.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Archster said…

    like weed is the only thing that can get one high.

    you would know better in any case :)

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger roswitha said…

    .... why would you want to sing kaddish to a hot israeli guy? last i heard the hebrew liturgy wasn't exactly every jewish boy's idea of romance. you'd be better off with ani l'dodi, v'dodi li or something like, wouldn't you?

    but good luck with all of it. :)

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger southpawpisces said…

    since you claim you can discuss Slavic religion and history in the same breath as Angelina Jolie's lovelife.

    please make that your next post? i really really want to read this..

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger roswitha said…

    Hey, literary history and La Jolie's lovelife - let's take a trip down to Bradford-upon-Avon!

    ... I'll go take my meds now.

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger Vikster said…

    Vij: I'm always in a good mood..some people mistake it as me being high.

    Duncan: Nigga pleazz!

    Guppie: zzzzzzzzzz...snort...zzzzzzzzzz!

    Enemy OTR: Booze gets me silly. Flirty even..I know what I am saying but just can't stop saying it (pretty much like me anyway though LOL!)

    Anydamnguy: Boy! You give Closetalk a run for his money with your revolving door dates...

    Living High: Yep. Am voting for La Dutt. I like the work she does for the Spastics Society of Bombay.

    Satya: Che bella cosa na jurnata 'e sole, N'aria serena doppo na tempesta!

    Mitli: Lets try the long islands when youcome back to Bombay! PS. Surprise visit from cousin Suhas 2 days ago.

    Archster: Say no to drugs..Bwahahah!

    Roswitha: Strangely, I did woo a Jewish lawyer (who reads this blog) at a bar with discussions of Talmud and Maimonides! So trust me, I know what the Chosen People want!! (PS Ani le dodi ve dodi le is AMAZING!)

    SouthPaw: Will try!

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger roswitha said…

    Oh! And you're also probably in luck in that your potential Israeli date, while fluent in Hebrew, probably isn't quite up to date with his Aramaic and might just miss the fact that you'll actually be mourning the dead when you whisper kaddish into his sexy hasidic ear. (Although I think the last lines of the mourner's kaddish are just intensely beautiful. And yes, the Song of Solomon - mmmm. Also, I'm spamming your blog, please tell me to go away if I must.)

     
  • At 1:51 AM, Blogger roswitha said…

    Yeah, I've heard of the other contexts of Kaddish. I was only afraid that the general association of the prayer with mourning would throw a bit of a spanner in the romantic works. But then, I'm only a Jewish-by-complex shiksa, and liable to miss the subtleties of it all. :D

    (I think blessed is he beyond blessing and song is just the most wonderful thing you can say about anyone or anything. Proof that if god isn't in the details, he is in the poetry. )

     
  • At 2:21 AM, Blogger roswitha said…

    I don't come to Bombay to visit - it's my home. And I've been there for like the last three weeks! Came back to Hyderabad just this weekend. But it was sick leave and I was in hospital, so we couldn't have had all this geeky fun anyway. Let's hope I'm around during Chanukkah, though - will steal your ID from Kate/Bob and get in touch.

    (I totally thought of you on my last night home, though - passed CCD on Carter's at 10:30 in the night. :D)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home