I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Snippets of conversations..

I've met and talked to several amazing people over the last week or so. Here's some conversations that still stick out in my head. I've reproduced them (LOL! Now there's a first!) to the best of my ability and memory...If you recognize yourself in some of these, drop me a line. You're one of those people who's talk touched me this week (And then I went back to touching myself).

Chat over IM about 3 pm.
V. - So come along with me this evening to see Salaam Namaste..
Me - NO! I can't stand modern Bollywood crap. It's so pseudo. I hate Karan Johar for this.
V. - Come na! I need to analyze this film (for some fundaes)
Me - (against my better judgement) OK. But I'm walking out half-way, I promise.

Drinking at Shooters listening to Madonna.
Me - I need to date someone hot next. I've had enough of waiting for intelligent guys.
S. (a woman) - My ex R. is pretty hot. And hung too.
Me - But he's straight!
S. - Yeah....I think so.
Me - But I love him! He's uber-hot! He's the father of my unborn kids!
S. - Umm..I'm sorry I mentioned him now. Still, I'll set up dinner for you guys.
Me - (weeps in gratitude) I'll gay-ify him. See if I don't!

Hanging out at Crosswords, Bandra.
Meenu - Hey! You're looking good.
Me - (plonks self down on sofa) Thanks, I just put on 5 kilos.
Meenu - Nice, turn around and let me see that ass.
Me - (turns) And??
Meenu - It's rocking! By the way, this is Vikram Seth's new novel. Two lives.
Me - Man, his aunt looks like a drag queen!
Meenu - She's Jewish! You probably love her already.

Walking along the Carter's promenade.
B. - So do you remember that cute guy at the party?
Me - Oh him? He's slept with all of Bombay.
B. - Really? What about his friend?
Me - Oh! He's a druggie. Supplies all of Bombay's gay clubbers.
B. - I thought that guy at Coffee Day was cute.
Me - He's a whore. Does it for money.
B. - Am I never gonna ever find a nice guy in Bombay?
Me - No. I think we should move to London instead.

Talking on my phone while shopping for Tshirts at Fascination, Bandra.
N. - Hi, I got your number from your friend P.
Me - Hi, do I know you?
N. - No, we've never met but I love you.
Me - Umm. OK. I love me too but why?
N. - You are too hot man.
Me - Have we met? Is this a joke?
N. - No, but I can make out from your voice that you are hot.
Me - (hangs up)

I love small talk. The 101 IM conversations I have over the course of a day totally make my day. Especially when some people come online..then I know I'm guarenteed a fun conversation. And weirdly, that translates well into real life conversations as well. I know the people who will keep me interested and laughing and wanting to chat more. I also know the people who metaphorically and literally have the window closed on them. Which one are you reader saheb?

Current music:
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

This is one of the few classic rock songs I love. U2 has most of the others..well, the Joshua Tree album actually.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You lucky lucky man. You have girlfriends giving you their blessings to make out with their ex-boyfriends. WOW!!

    Here I would consider myself lucky if the selfish things even so much as gave me their boyfriend (current or ex) names and contact numbers.

    As far as the phone thing is concerned, I know the feeling. It has often been suggested to me that I start a gay phone sex line.

    Simply call 0-900-DADDY LOVES BOYS

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Vijayeta said…

    Well...okay...OKAY! Is that the reason u never called me after that?
    :-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home