I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Friday, July 29, 2005

New Year's resolutions

I'm guessing July 29th is New Year's day for some tribe somewhere on this earth..so I've decided to celebrate by making a list of 10 resolutions for the next year. I'll let y'all know on July 29th 2006 just how good I was with keeping to the letter.

Here goes (Meenakshi, you know just why I'm doing this and feeling like I need to do this!)

1. Gone are the days where I'm going to let my wit and intelligence impress a possible mate. I'm dumbing myself down (to the level of some Chandigarh hottie).

2. No more talks of good books I read or political/religious debate. I'm now concentrating on the lives of Page 3 celebs and TV soap stars.

3. Time to clear out that closet. Bye Bye! sensible cotton wear. Hello! tight and uncomfortable lycra and blends.

4. Forget about looking slim and trim. I'm gonna hit the gym for that bulky, hulky look.

5. No more smiling at interesting people. I'm going to look past or over their heads and glower.

6. I'm not planning on opening up my heart or mind to anyone again. It makes it too easy to get hurt.

7. DO NOT fall in love.

8. There are no gay friends. Only competitors. Repeat 10 times daily.

9. Alone time is good time. Perhaps I was meant to be alone. I better learn to enjoy it.

10. Change myself. It's obvious "I" am not working. Perhaps it's time for "I-Version 2".

Current Music:
Cruisin' - Gwyneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis

4 Comments:

  • At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.livejournal.com/users/kestrel1137/

    you wud feel better...
    kestrel.

     
  • At 4:11 AM, Blogger Vikster said…

    Kestrel,
    I read your blog. I really really hope things get better for you.

    M. and me have similar problems. Except ours is because of the long distance thing not the marriage thing that you face.

    But your last 3 posts are almost EXACTLY what I wanted to write but couldn't.

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    4. Forget about looking slim and trim. I'm gonna hit the gym for that bulky, hulky look.
    no!!!!
    *breaks bangles*

     
  • At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ..mine is a marriage plus long distance...things cant be better:)... am allmost laughing at destiny and impracticalities of life....

    but you know we are better off. Atleast if at all we need to drift away we can...cos we are not tied up......

    since u like neruda i wuld like to quote from the last part of the poem "love".............
    .........Like a flower to its perfume, I am bound to my vague memory of
    you. I live with pain that is like a wound; if you touch me, you will
    do me irreparable harm.
    Your caresses enfold me, like climbing vines on melancholy walls.
    I have forgotten your love, yet I seem to glimpse you in every
    window.
    Because of you, the heady perfumes of summer pain me; because
    of you, I again seek out the signs that precipitate desires: shooting
    stars, falling objects. ...neruda

    that was written for us..

    and hey thanks for introducing me to amr diab..i always have been hearing habibi noor e lain...but never bothered to find out who it was by.....amarain is my favourite now...
    cheers
    kestrel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home