I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Friday, July 08, 2005

A good flush never hurt anyone....

Holla to all my blog afficianados (all 4 of you..P.S. your checks are in the mail).

I'm sorry it's been so long since I blogged but things have been weird and uninspiring out here in torrid then rainy Bombay. I tried infusions of bear claw in lizard bile, crack cocaine snorted off a virgin's belly, saliva of albino crows..everything. Including boondi raita. And if you knew me, you'd know things would have to get really desparate for me to bring out the boondi raita....

Nothing. No words sprung to mind. No incidents required retelling. No personalities warranted making fun of.. (Mrs. Fonseca, my English teacher probably rolled over in her grave.."Vikram, no ending a sentence with a preposition". "But Miss, poetic license, Miss!")

Anyway, today's topic deals with purging. As the owner of a body Kate Moss would spit out her daily cracker ration for (I have been called svelte and nymph-like by drunk English lit. grad students), it would make sense that "that's" the purging I'm talking about. But, in the immortal words of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, "Nein!! ich denke Sie haben das misverstanden ".

I have spent the better part of a week purging my cellphone of phone numbers. Numbers I have never called or people I don't recollect were easy enough to get rid of. "Friends" were harder to erase.
Friends in quotes because that's what I thought they were. Loyalty and honesty is what I prize above everything in a friend. And when either of those are lost, I lose the friend. With no regrets at all. Then again, this time, I actually had regrets losing these friends. We had spent hours hanging out and sharing things (From bhelpuri making tips to bodily fluids!). I loved and respected them as people. And they couldn't do the same for me. I had to think long and hard if I was willing to forgive. And I couldn't.

I lost 4 "friends" this week.

I feel so sad when I see them around but I can never get back to being comfortable around them. My earlier friendliness has now been replaced by a formal "Hello, How are you?" kinda treatment.

I thought life got easier as you grew older. Now I know, it's not true. You have so much more invested in human relationships as you age that losing one just makes it all the more harder to move on from..

Dedicated to my new "Aquaintances".

Website du jour:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41421081@N00/

My pictures. And why not some shameless self-promotion I ask!

Music du jour:
What have I done to deserve this? - The Pet Shop Boys

Seems rather apt, n'est ce pas?

4 Comments:

  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger livinghigh said…

    well.. wat goes in must come out, yea?
    ;-)
    hope ure ok... dfat coffee thing... please DO make it next week.

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ....its been ages that it was fruitfull..that when i scouted at this blog, the harry potter mani a didnt appear at yr face..
    glad to see it back...
    inspiring pics...the pics allmost look wet....
    great homecoming...
    the kestrel

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger oook said…

    /me makes a mental note to never annoy the vikster :)

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    taking on a tangential path ...

    good to read your blogs. but boss it is difficult to read white on black, specially on laptop ... mind changing to some other combination to make it all-reader friendly!

    Bombay Splash (orkut)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home