I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Gloomy day blues

I don't have them. Ever.

I'm one of those freaks who, the darker it gets, the gloomier and cloudier the sky, the happier I get. Perhaps it's one of those pysch things where I'm glad the rest of the world finally knows how my days are! I've always been at my emotional best during the Bombay monsoons or the Boston winters. Somehow, curling up alone with a book and a cup of tea (ginger flavoured!) just makes me so incredibly comfortable..and happy.

Anyway, as part of our usual Gmail conversations that I survive on, my Bombay Orkutkar group decided to come up with our own Indian state mottos (after the hugely popular emial forward re: the American states). So here's what we came up with (thanks to Satya, Irshad, Mitali and Dylan):
Apologies to all the *gora-firanghi junta* who read my blog (all 2 of you). I'll explain this later when we're snuggled up under a quilt. Yeah. The three of us.

Andhra Pradesh: Exporting software engineers to America since 1991

Arunachal Pradesh: We're not Chinese...yet.

Assam: 10 million Bangladeshis can't be wrong!

Bihar: Shoot first, vote later

Chhattisgarh: New kid on the block

Goa: Sobriety is not a priority

Gujarat: We live to eat

Haryana: Do you want our baby daughters? We sure don't.

Himachal Pradesh: The poor man's J&K

Jammu and Kashmir: Tourist destination of choice for 700000 soldiers

Jharkhand: It only took us 50 years to get outta Bihar!

Karnataka: Where the sons are of the soil

Kerala: Will be in Dubai Feb-Dec. Please leave a note.

Madhya Pradesh: Awkwardly shaped no more!

Maharashtra: There's more to us than just Mumbai

Manipur: We protest so you know where we are

Meghalaya: It's raining....

Mizoram: Zzzzzzzz.....

Nagaland: Headhunter paradise

Orissa: We love our natural disasters!

Punjab: Home of the generic Indian values

Rajasthan: Sati free since 1988!

Sikkim: Funniest state name ever.

Tamil Nadu: Intellectually superior for 4000 years now

Tripura: Dicking it to Bangladesh!

Uttaranchal: My name is Bond..Ruskin Bond.

Uttar Pradesh: We're the buckle on the cow-belt.

West Bengal: Down with capitalist, imperialist pigs!


On a side note, just found out my boss used to head Channel V!! Hooray! Looks like my dream of using my contacts to obtaining a low paying, high exposure job on a music channle on TV is working just as planned (*rubs hands evilly..then realizes I still have jam on my fingers...*)

Random website:
http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=23320&first=yes
What is your world view?

You scored as Cultural Creative.



You scored as Cultural Creative. Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative


75%

Modernist


75%

Existentialist


69%

Materialist


69%

Postmodernist


63%

Idealist


44%

Fundamentalist


38%

Romanticist


31%

What is Your World View? (updated)
created with QuizFarm.com

Current music:
Duur - Strings

7 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger G Shrivastava said…

    Holy shit - you're telling me Griffin headed [V]? Awesome - he's one cool chap that guy.
    The world view quiz seems interesting - worth taking!

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Hob Gadling said…

    Hey Vicky!

    Just read your post in Orkut. Nice to see someone else is blogging. My blog is updated once a week or so.

    Absolutely loved your Bandra aunty post. Hopefully I'll be visiting Bombay soon. (Can you believe I haven't seen or smelt VESIT for this long?)

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Bhumi said…

    hey... nothing on my Delhi... I know my Delhi is untouchable. hehe
    Btw, hai hai.. let me borrow that boss of urs to get me some exposure.. :-)
    ... ...

     
  • At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dont agree with you on 2 indian states (atleast 2)...
    gujarat and maharashtra...
    there is nothing more to it than bombay and there is more to gujjuland than food( indignant)!
    kunal.

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    interesting.
    i need to get tips on how to feel comfortable snuggling in winter alone..without the loved one..
    it was m=nice warm and comfortble to be alone when i was "alone"....

    no comments on the states. i think its quite witty but at the same time very "wannabe"...
    cheers..need some blue retardants
    kestrel

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG!.. why o why am i not part of this orkut group, u ass?!

    PS: i know what u mean abt gloom n doom days.. hehehe... mocha, pls.. and let's find a quilt, pronto! ;-)

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger K said…

    Travel to Bihar sometime, let me assure you its much worse than you think. I would describe the state as 'Kidnapping Central'

     

Post a Comment

<< Home