I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Friday, May 06, 2005

Auntiejis at dive bars

I found myself last night at Toto's Garage Pub (read reviews at attached URL) with 2 very charming and fun women from Ammrikka (as I am wont to call it). http://www.mouthshut.com/product-reviews/Toto's_Garage-925001835.html

Through the cigarette smoke haze (ghastly) and the hard rock (even ghastlier for this Abba junkie), I spotted what can charitably be described as an *auntieji* drowning her sorrows with the type of *uncleji* only found inside a dance-bar. And the look on her face got me thinking about my life if I was saddled with such an uncleji. And my drink of choice if that unhappy occurence ever happened.

She was totally in her "happy place". Looked so Anne Heche - post breakup, I wanted the stuff she was on! She looked so blah, all drinking her scotch and eating her masala papad. And there I was...taunting her with my youth and fresh, post-1980 look. I know she was pissed off at me by the way she turned away when I did my booty-shake..no woman (and not many men) can resist the (infamous) Vikster booty-shake.

Anyway, I'm guesing her name was Nagma, she was drinking Johnny Walker on the rocks, eating Masala Papad and dreading the BJ she'd have to give equally-drunk uncleji in a bit.

Me? I had a beer, danced with 2 lovely women and headed home for a long phonecall with the Bostonian. Fun Thursday all around.

Random site:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050506/ap_on_el_se/clinton_poll
New Yorkers want a full second Senate term from Hillary..too bad. I'm actually relishing a Hillary-Condi battle in 2008...That is, if the Bushicans don't want Jeb for the job.

Current Music:
Time after Time - Cyndi Lauper

5 Comments:

  • At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please tape your booty shake and mail it to me!

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger southpawpisces said…

    and you said there were 5 women.. hmmm... talk about truth in advertising. BTW, does he know you're calling him a Bos'nian behind his back? :P

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Post a video of the booty shake, already !

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WTF is a dive bar?

    Is this going to be a "drinking joints experiences only" kinda blog?

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    still not calling Toto's a pub, are we?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home